National Confederation of Entrepreneurs (Employers') Organisations of Azerbaijan Republic (ASK)
Agreement signed online on December 14, 2018 in Azerbaijan. Website.
The National Confederation of Entrepreneurs (Employers) Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan (ASK) was established on March 5, 1999 and has been registered on April 9, 1999.
ASK as a public association of employers in the Republic of Azerbaijan, regardless of ownership and organizational-legal form (excluding state-financed organizations)coordinates the activities of legal entities and individuals engaged in entrepreneurial field on a voluntary basis, protects their legal and economic interests, carries out socially-useful purposes, and serves as a non-commercial and non-profit organization which does not aim to earn income as the main purpose of its activity.
The Confederation shall carry out the following duties in accordance with its Charter objectives:
- Protects rights, property, and other legitimate interests of entrepreneurship entities before relevant state authorities, municipalities and other organizations;
- In line with the directions of the State Entrepreneurship Support Program, it helps to strengthen market infrastructure and to promote entrepreneurship;
- In accordance with the Labor Legislation, as a nation-wide community it has been participating in collective bargaining with the Government of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijan Trade Unions Confederation to regulate labor relations in the country, as well as it conducts tripartite General Collective Agreement between Government of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijan Trade Unions Confederation;
- Provides creation of permanent business relationships among its members, development of dozens of joint investment, innovation and other entrepreneurial projects, as well as the formation of a healthy business climate;
- Participates in developing and implementing various socio-economic oriented areas, regional and country-wide development of entrepreneurship;
- Assists the country’s entrepreneurs in finding partners abroad and internally,and participates in their information supply;
- Carries out drafting of socio-economic laws and other normative-legal acts on the development of entrepreneurship;
- Creates opportunities for studying world practice in entrepreneurship development and applying them in favorable areas in Azerbaijan;
- Promotes the creation and development of social and economic oriented organizations;
The Confederation comprises more than 6,000 entrepreneurial entities, including about 70 economic and social associations and unions.
ASK adequately performs its duties as a social partner and representative of employers in the General Collective Agreement signed on 26 May 2008 on a tripartite basis between the Cabinet of Ministers, Trade Unions and ASK for determining socio-economic policy and regulating labor relations in Azerbaijan.
ASK is a member of the International Organization of Employers, the World Association of NGOs, the International Congress of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs.